10 February 2010

Conservatives v. Liberals: Which side are you on?

It's articles like these that make me more angry with the conservative side than with the liberal side.

I always think of myself as an independent, and I really don't care much about domestic politics considering I'm more interested in foreign affairs. But these articles push me to considering myself a liberal. There are some things that the conservatives say, that I agree with. And I certainly don't agree with everything liberals say.

But it's hard to ignore politics when you're in the nation's capitol.

I feel like the more I hear conservatives talk, the more I hear their bitterness over the fact that they aren't in the White House, the more I hear them just block things because a Democrat is saying it. Maybe I'm not hearing about the opposite direction, but I feel like the Democrats are trying to reach out, are trying to do things. But the Republicans are just blocking things, just stalling things. I'm frustrated with them because I don't even understand why! Why are they doing these things and saying these things? Is it really that it isn't for the good of the country or because they're temper-tantrum throwing children?

I'm really just tired of it all. I'm tired of Fox News thinking they're non-partisan when they are so obviously conservative. I'm tired of all the useless squabble between these two sides. But there's no way in hell I'm joining that stupid Tea Party. Sarah Palin is so ridiculously stupid, it's hard to believe that she's anything. I do not think she's a powerful female voice. I think she gives some men their proof that women just can't think. And she was an awful politician.

I'm just ticked and tired.

No comments: