24 February 2009

Nothing But Nets Campaign

So on Feb. 9th, I donated $10 towards a bed net to help a refugee in Kenya. I couldn't not do it. They needed so many nets, and even if I'm going away and need all the money I could get, I could save a life!

I got an e-mail today from Nothing But Nets thanking me so much for my help. It was a little uplifting. To think I could have helped save someone. Or if not save them, at least make them a little more comfortable.

Find a charity, and try and give some of your Time, Talent, or Treasure. It's a rewarding experience, to say the least.

Some good ones:
Nothing But Nets
Invisible Children
Promote Africa
Habitat for Humanity
Resolve Uganda
This Is Reality
The We Campaign : RePower America
World Vision

If you have anymore, please feel free to share them.

No comments: